Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I never thought that I'd be a blogger. I've always thought it was completely self-indulgent to assume that people care at all what's going on in my day-to-day life. Admittedly, it's not very exciting. However, I figure the next month will be a bit more atypical, and that this would be the best way in which to update family and friends on what I'm doing in Thohoyandou, Limpopo. (No idea yet how to pronounce it). It's located in the upper-mid right side near Kruger National Park. I hadn't realized until I looked it up this morning how close we're staying to the park, which apparently is considered one of the best places to go on Safari in all of Africa. I can't wait to go help nurse baby lions, dance in the rain with monkeys, and enjoy a cocktail on the back of an elephant.

Today is the last day of packing, and then I get to spend tomorrow and tomorrow night in DC. I suppose it's appropriate that I'm spending July 4th in the capital, and then leave all things American for a month. Starting tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, no phone! So e-mails (akb8879@gmail.com) and Skype (akbradshaw) are how to find me until August 6th. I welcome messages with words of encouragement, drunken ramblings, or details of your most recent make-out sesh in Denmark.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment